Lead Audio-Visual Installation Technician
The Lead AV Installation Technician Audio Visual Installation Technician is responsible for the installation and support of complex audio/visual systems in a variety of customer environments. We are seeking a candidate with skills and abilities to install, diagnose and service audio visual equipment. The ability to work independently or as part of a team to install and troubleshoot AV systems is required. Most work is performed Monday thru Friday from 8-5 with the potential for some evening and weekend work. Occasional overnight travel is possible.
Submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Performing comprehensive, onsite audio-visual equipment installation for our clients, including low voltage wiring, trim-out, equipment rack setup, plasma/LCD, projectors and projection systems, media rooms, audio hardware and speakers, control systems.
• Performing cable pull paths, diagnosis structural/room interior for efficient and optimum installations, crimp and terminate audio and video cables
• Rack building
• Install Crestron and Extron control systems
• Install video conferencing system including Polycom and Cisco
• Assist with structural installation of displays, screens and projectors
• Maintain daily communication with Lead Installation Technician, Project Manager and Installation Manager on status of projects and task lists
• Maintaining a clean & orderly on site environment
• Disposing of packaging & leftovers from site as per ET standards
• Utilize Installation blankets
• Assist in staging the equipment prior to shipping to client site.
• Travel to off-site corporate locations as part of system installation is required
Education, Experience, Skills & Attributes
• High School Diploma
• CTS Certified or working towards it. (an asset)
• Experience and certification with any of these technologies would be an asset:
• Crestron, Extron, Biamp, SMART, Cisco/Polycom Video Conferencing, Networking, Unified Communications
What we are Looking for
• Understand and follow an AV SOW
• Understand AV mechanical and functional drawings
• Plan an installation
• Work in a safe, clean and orderly fashion e.g. protect client’s furniture / installations, clean-up and removal of garbage.
• Able to pull wires
• Handle and install AV equipment such as Video displays, microphones, cable cubbies, speakers, LCD touch panels etc.
• Terminate wires by crimping and soldering.
• Understanding of Cable Management.
• Computer software skills e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook.
• 3 years' experience performing the above skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
• Strong customer-service orientation.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Self-motivated and keen attention to detail.
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working on constructions site.
• Computer and IP network device connectivity eg. Able to configure a computer network card to connect to an IP device on a network. Use of Crestron toolbox.
• Use of teleconference end points such as Polycom & Cisco
• Valid Ontario Driver’s License (G)
• Able to legally work in Canada
• Evening & Weekend shift work may be required
• Able to lift 90lbs without constraints. e.g. 2200kva UPS
• Able to work at heights e.g. 12ft ladder
• Travel required and have own transportation (Car)
Condition of Employement
• Must pass a criminal background check.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the ET Group Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted. ET Group is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of ET Group’s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.
Explore your True Calling
We are an organization that allows for individuals to explore the ways in which their individual callings might intersect with the purpose of our organization. Discovering your passions and letting your diverse skill sets create impact across the organization is what ET Group is all about.